Nike JDI Classic Vol. 2
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Just Do It and NY vs NY, Nike created the JDI Classic basketball tournament which quickly rose to legendary status amongst media and the sneaker obsessed. Its popularity ensured its return for year two, and this time the JDI Classic Vol. 2 brought Nike Basketball, Jordan and Converse together to elevate the basketball journey through bold product stories and athleticism.
Participants were invited to live their crazy dream during a 4-week experience that pitted media and influencers together for the love of the game where they trained, drilled, and wear-tested soon to be released shoes. Over the course of the month, these influencers experienced the importance of basketball culture on the community, as they honed their skills and readied themselves for the ultimate playoff. Each week teams were transported around the boroughs for pick-up games and curated training sessions. The journey culminated in an all-out battle for supremacy, hosted at Nike NYC HQ, and the JDI Classic Vol. 2 Tournament winning team was crowned.
- DJ Zookeeper kept the crowds enthralled throughout the tournament
- Multi-faceted culture and street basketball icon Bobbito Garcia along with former pro-athlete trainers were on hand to coach influencers and media
- Boldly designed digital invites kept the media informed and on schedule
- Custom branded locker display systems were developed for trial shoe distribution, showcasing product and apparel
- JDI Classic Vol. 2 uniforms were created for media and influencers
- Travel and logistics flowed seamlessly for the entire tour
- Tie-dye socks were launched into the crowds for a surprise and delight moment